Wednesday, October 25, 2006

DirectX 9.0b to 9.0c

So I get Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it says it requires Direct X 9.0c. Of course 9.0c will not install and dxdiag keeps reporting that I have 9.0b. So I coppied the d3dx9_30.dll and d3dx9_31.dll files out of the .cab files and put them into windows system32 and then changed the following reg key:

From:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ DirectX\ Version\4.09.00.0902

To:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ DirectX\ Version\ 4.09.00.0904

Let me know if this helps any PC gamers out there. Alliance is a fun game, very X-Boxish and it is good to see it works well with the wired XBox 360 controller on the PC.

1 comment:

mark said...

I have a question

where can I find the registration value,for me to change it pls..guide me ty in advance