Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blu-Ray

Why can't I continue from where I was last playing a Blu-Ray disc? This works fine for DVDs on my PC and TV but no many Blu-Ray disc don't want that to happen. The constant firmware updates continue to annoy as well, perhaps the worst part is that the firmware is not available when the movie is. In addition the firmware is often times only related to content protection and not features. It is sad to see the movie industry going down the path of the music industry, please stop punishing your paying customers. I would buy 2 or 3 times as many Blu-Rays as I have already if they let me resume from where I was last playing them and they played on the day I buy them and not weeks or months later. The problem is extremely bad on the PC side, I have add a few blue screens of death while trying to play the Watchmen BD. Quit it the pirates are enjoying your movies, let the paying customers enjoy them as well.

No comments: