Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Xonar D2 and Fallout 3

So the main problem with my Rig was the settings and drivers for the Xonar D2. I got the latest drivers from ASUS. Then I had to set the microphone to on (even though I don't have one) so that the Windows sounds would work correctly. Next I had to turn off the games mode (glowing green button on the ASUS control panel), to stop the crashes in Fallout 3 and Blu-Ray problems. Everything seems stable now.

Windows 7 is a worthy competitor to OS X. The taskbar is improved and once you turn UAC off things get close to the way they should be. I still like the everything for an application is one folder convention from OS X makes a lot of sense when you consider the amount of disk space available on a modern machine.

Torchlight rocks btw! When ever you can buy digital and buy direct, of course I say that on my way to pick up Dragon Age at Gamestop (still fun to make a game run for the big ones).

No comments: