Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nine Great Books About The Future

Nine Great Books About The Future, an excellent article on Forbes. Of the books on the list that I have read I can't help but agree with including them. It just makes me want to read the others as well, perhaps summer. Some missing titles may be Diamond Age, Friday, or Snow Crash? Diamond Age features China and Nanotechnology, Neuromancer (on the list) probably has Snow Crash beat. Friday had terrorism and alternative living arrangements.

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy reading about some aspect of the future and then seeing it in real life year latter. Starship Troopers had cell phones and in Snow Crash the author talked about Zombies people connect to the net that seemed to be having a conversation with people that aren't there, of course we see this all to often with hands free blue tooth phones.

No comments: