Monday, October 29, 2007

Vista is Ready

So I had some driver issues with my XP build that I had been running for about 5 years and had the crazy thought of doing a new Vista Ultimate install to fix everything. And to my surprise it worked out of the box with no issues. Windows Update for Vista even found all of the drivers I needed and updated them with no issues. Previously under XP I would not trust Windows Update for drivers only software updates. The Windows Firewall works as well and I haven't had to install ZoneAlarm. The only major problem is User Access Control which I had to disable. UAC was made famous in the security Apple Ad. To disable it just type msconfig in the Vista search bar and hit enter. Next select the Tools tab and scroll down until you see disable UAC. Launch it and then after it is done reboot.



With the one simple change Vista works like a dream with no Blue Screen of Pause that some of our Apple friends are dealing with.

No comments: